5 Sufi Principles
1. No encounter is by chance in this world that is full of great adventures. Everyone we meet teaches us something.
2. If you start with a pure intent to understand and learn, if you put down your arrogance, you will surely be ready when you encounter wise people who will teach you what you need to know.
3. Each journey has its own challenges. However, the difficulties and obstacles waiting ahead are not designed to weaken you. Their purpose is to educate and mature you.
4. Every living creature, every human being comes to this world with a purpose. Everyone discovers their own purpose as they live through each day. Therefore, when one learns to read and follow the signs, it will lead them to their goal. Reading life begins with knowing the first word of the Qur’an: Read!*
5. Never forget this…completion is not extinction. On the contrary, even death is not an end but a new beginning. The end of something in life is always conducive to the beginning of something better. As long as you go with the flow and stay calm.*
* The first word revealed from Allah upon the Prophet PBUH was Iqra› /Read
- From Hakan Menguc’s book “No encounter by chance”